• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fan fit on AX-478?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oops

hello,
i just got my AX-478, i was trying to install it on my 1.8A(it can reach 2.61GB max but REALLY HOT).

But when i do that, i found out none of the fans fit on it. AX-478 is taller than the stock heatsink, and as for my mobo(Abit BD7II-Raid), i have to let the fan connect to the base on the mobo, which none of them fit.

Any suggestions?

i have to let the fan connect to the base on the mobo
fans dont connect to the mobo... i'm kinda confused though
the heatsink connects to the mobo using the clip, the fan is connected to the heatsink. or do i not get what youre saying? :eh?:

hellrazrblade said:

fans dont connect to the mobo... i'm kinda confused though
the heatsink connects to the mobo using the clip, the fan is connected to the heatsink. or do i not get what youre saying? :eh?:

A fan with a 3 pin connector can connect to the motherboard.

I would get the Delta 68 cfm if you can handle the noise, if you can't get a Sunon 50 cfm. Remember, unless you get an adaptor you need a 80mm fan.

i have to let the fan connect to the base on the mobo, which none of them fit
if he had meant he couldnt plug the fan in to the motherboard header he would have probably said that, and not "connect to the base of the mobo". what exactly is the base of the mobo? is the fan plug a 3 or 4 pin?

Back