• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help! my computer just died

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nookie

i posted this topic in the epox section but maybe i'll get some more responses from here. well i built a new computer about a week ago and its been runnin perfectly fine til today. i left my computer on and when i came back a few minutes later, i find my compute powered off. it now will not power back on. i looked at the MB and the LED is not on also. i've talked to a few other people and they say that it is most likely the PSU because i was only using a generic 300w psu that my friend let me have. so i went and bought a enermax whisper 350w psu and hopefully that will be my solution. what do u guys think it is? some said that it is also possible that it could be my MB. would i be able to RMA it? thanks all

yea probably was your PSU you had quite a lot of stuff plugged in for a generic 300watter..
try the enermax if it fixes the problem ur set

also keep an eye on ur cpu temps

well my case temps weren't extremely high. althoguth today was VERY hot. my case temps were about 34c. my cpu temps ranged from 41c idle to about 47c under load.

WHEWW!!! my computer is up and running now. never will i buy another generic PSU. but funny thing is now my cpu temp is at 47c under normal load. its usually never this hot. i haven't changed anything in my case. so could the new PSU result in higher CPU temps?

I had the same thing happen in my Watercooled machine. I figured it was a leak but it wasn't. It was one of the mosfets for the power step down went crazy and torch a whole through the board!!!!

mosfets for one of the power steps? whats that? so should i be worried of the higher temps? or is it because of the new PSU that my temps are higher? i was thinking that it could be possible that while installing my new PSU i may have movied the heatsink alittle and is sitting uneven on my cpu core. going to check that out later.

u might have mooved the heat sink like u said go check it later 47 c isnt anything to worry about but i would check to make sure anyway

Back