• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on a water cool system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mynihilism

hey i just got my 1.8a system to oc to 2.8 but the damn thing runs over 60c under load. how much would a water block cool it down on average over fan cool?
as is, i have 2 92mm antec side case fans and 4 80mm antec fans , 2 in fron 2 in back. no blow hole.
i'll probably get flames for not reading the other posts but i have to get up for work early and i'm looking for quick and easy advice. i'll surf through the posts later tomorrow to read up but for now does anyone have input they would like to share?

Watercooling should get you down to at least below 50C, or even lower depending on different factors including-- but not limited to--, radiator size, flowrate, and additives. It all depends, but if you want to extend the life of that processor, you need to get those temps lowered.

Great overclock btw! :)

it really depend on wat ur room temp is as well but roughly h2o will get u around hmm 8-15 degs above ambient for 100watt cpu output. u can calculate the rest but as said b4 its has lots of other factors involved

Back