• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another 2.0 ghz of crunching power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokrswild

Just upgraded my dad's dell. Now has a 2.0 socket 423 and 512 mb of rdram. But best of all, we got that one crunching for us now. It wont' be 24/7, but i set it up as a service so that it'll crunch whenever it's on, and whoever is logged in. AMDMB has a good faq section on how to set it up as a service. Thanks AMDMB!

In other news: Anybody remember the little bet between SpeeDJ and Sir-Epix, as to whether Intel or AMD would release a 3 ghz processor first? Seems that Intel will be the winner. They're planning on releasing it later this quarter.. More can be found here.

Hope that reduces the price of my 2.26 when i go to buy it.. yay.

yeah. go to the website at http://thepond.amdmb.com/~seti/index.html, click on FAQ, then on SETI Service. You can set almost any application as a service in nt/2k/xp. I'm thinking of setting up spy as a service so i can have a log of what's going on too. So far i'm getting about 4 hour WU's. that's a nice 6 a day. :-D

I don't need to get into his office. Come the school year, eric and I have a bunch of computer labs (in which i work), to load seti on. we'll be hitting it up hard. :-D

Ah- Your're one of the Four Horsemen. We're waiting anxiously for your return but I'm sure you would rather be out playing in the sun than working in the lab. Enjoy.

Thanks for the link. It looks like a better way to go than using the Start Up folder.

Harvey

Back