• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPU cache info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey guys, I'm looking for some info about Intel CPUs and their chaches, L1 & L2, I need CPUs starting from the first celeron, anyone has any table or something?

The Coolest said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some info about Intel CPUs and their chaches, L1 & L2, I need CPUs starting from the first celeron, anyone has any table or something?

This page lists the L2 cache size and speed of almost every consumer chip.

http://www.mersenne.org/bench.htm

I think L1 was 32k for every chip with a P6 core (PPro through PIII, inc all but the most recent Celerons). P4 has 8k data cache and a 12k uop trace cache (so just say 20k L1 even though that's not exactly right).

Cool, thanks! So even the current celerons and P-IIIs still have 32KB L1, right?

BTW: Thanks for the link, it was very helpfull

The Coolest said:
Cool, thanks! So even the current celerons and P-IIIs still have 32KB L1, right?

BTW: Thanks for the link, it was very helpfull

Well the newest celerons are based on the P4 Willamette core, so they actually have the 8k data cache and 12k trace cache. But older Celerons (the ones up to 1.4Ghz) should still have 32k (16k data + 16k instruction). All PIII's have 32k L1 to my knowledge (even Xeons).

Back