• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovatek Products

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigfoot

I really like the looks of some of those Innovatek products I saw over at THG's "Silent and Ice Cold" article, so I went hear to look at some of the things, and I saw this, please don't tell me that these really cost $60 USD, It looks like it may be worth about $5 tops, I actually would like one of these little toy's but for 60 bucks, hell no... does anyone know were else I can get these things for a more realistic price.

Secondly, is their larger Athlon water block any good? How about their chipset one's also?

Tom is completely full of crap. That was a really poorly done review. That said, the Innovatek blocks are actually quite decent and a lot of people have had success with them.

Now, I dunno if that site's listing their prices in Canadian dollars or Monopoly money or what, but Innovatek kits are usually pretty cheap compared to other brands. I say shop elsewhere. No waterblock on the face of the earth is worth paying $100.

Thats aslo true, I didn't plan on paying 100 for the block either. I wonder if newegg sells these types of products, if not, it's off to google!

Oh, and I totally agrey that his revied sucked, he couldn't even give his temps.

highspeedpc

They've been "sold out" for quite some time and have no ETA or anything. Is there another US distributor?

hi all

i have ordered one of those kits from the uk, been waiting 5 weeks now, this is the kit:

and aslo ordered a GPU block to and a flow o matic like you have been talking about too, it goes on a fan header for monitoring speed/flow

i think mine was about £25 for the flow bought with kit that is, its my first play with water and i just wanted a whole kit to start then add to it after with better things, i also upgraded from there 1046 to a 1048 ehiem pump aswell, heard it wasbetter??

all cost with P+P £217

thx....

Guys, before you shell out $40 for that "flow-sensor", you might want to read the fine print on the High-SpeedPC product page:

"Please note: only measures water flow being on/off, not the rate of flow in RPM's. Shows RPM's in the 3k range"

High cost for Innovatek

This is Robert from Sharka Corporporation (www.sharkacorp.com) mentioned in the original post. Part of the reason for the high cost is due to the extremely high demand and inability to keep items in stock. We deliberately set prices on some of the accessories high to keep the number of back-orders to a minimum until we get much larger shipments in. Another reason is that the dollar is tanking against the Euro (products made in Germany and purchased in Euros). Assuming the dollar holds steady or gains against the Euro, look for prices to drop in late August.

Robert

lebe0024 said:
Guys, before you shell out $40 for that "flow-sensor", you might want to read the fine print on the High-SpeedPC product page:

"Please note: only measures water flow being on/off, not the rate of flow in RPM's. Shows RPM's in the 3k range"

wait i will blow down mine which has just arrived but must shutdown to connect back in 15 mins testing time...

hold ya horses!!!!

Rotary-Motion said:

wait i will blow down mine which has just arrived but must shutdown to connect back in 15 mins testing time...

hold ya horses!!!!

Ok im back! here are the test results!

If they are selling these as "FLOW METERS" then that is illegal because it is basically a switch like the guy said!!! it was reading 3668rpm to 3588rpms no matter how hard of soft i blew down it!

But what i didnt realize it lights up WOW nice LED's 2 of them...

ic.jpg

and you can just buy the flat sensor and put it on something?

ic2.jpg

also the diameter of the tube inside is like 6mm ? not big at all for flow? but if careful it can be drilled bigger its got plenty off thickness!!!

hope this has helped?

p

so basically

just buy the sensor cheep!

and make a water block from plastic see through and put some sort of wheel in it!!!!

should dpo fine so out of this you get your own homemade mod and a cheep pc board with LED's on to!!!

thxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot Rotary Motion. I gota go hunt down one of those sensors, I'm gona go rip apart a couple of fans now:D

This auta be fun!

bigfoot said:
Thanks a lot Rotary Motion. I gota go hunt down one of those sensors, I'm gona go rip apart a couple of fans now:D

This auta be fun!

Yes its give me some ideas to i dont think i am giong to use the original setup now!!!

its works like a door trip beem! when you walk through it makes and breaks a beem to send a signal so as long as you have a simple fan blade of sorts it will work...

{{{ note it may need to be flat panels fins for water to hit it and spin it!!!}}} but only something very small.

but this is an exciting little mod idea i'm thinking could we make it as a dual item say a plexi header tank so 2 in one idea? so ease of filling and pretty lights and a circulation monitor devive, yeah sounds cool to me?

thx...

Back