• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Motherboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kzinti1

From what I read at the Intel Motherboard Forum, there ain't no such thing as a good mobo for an Intel P4 or any other Intel chip! What do I do now? Am I stuck with this unreliable Dell mobo?:confused:

kzinti1 said:
From what I read at the Intel Motherboard Forum, there ain't no such thing as a good mobo for an Intel P4 or any other Intel chip! What do I do now? Am I stuck with this unreliable Dell mobo?:confused:
what in the world are u talking about??? ABIT and ASUS are the best boards for the P4. have u not seen use hit 3ghz on these boards?:cool:

Just going by your own forum, pal. Nothing but gripes for every single mobo listed under "Motherboards"! Nothing good listed. Only problems. Where's the recommendations? The "You HAVE to own one of these" lists? That's why I started this thread. I'm with different forums all over the world. For every single mobo recommendation there's at least 5 other responses in the "Avoid at all costs" list. There's no one to turn to where I live. I only have you people, not that I'm complaining! It's just that personal, face-to-face discussions with someone you can trust about computing would be nice. I read at <tomshardware.com> that the quality control of Abit, Asus and most other mobo manufacturers has gone down the tubes. Add all of this together and you can see why I'm extremely confused. I ain't rich and these things ain't cheap. Thanks for your response. k1

I hear what u are saying. well u cant expect them to be perfect in every catagory. for the most part if u are considering OCing then Abit and Asus are the top performers. If u browse this entire forum u will see nothing but High OCs done with these 2 boards. If u are just looking for a none OCing board to last a very long time then read up on the intel boards. They seem to last forever, besides most PC manutactures use just intel boards. I may not be giving ur hard fact but im sure u can go to the websites and find that urselve. If u wanted an opinion this is it. I work for a computer company and Ive put together and pulled apart maybe 100 computers and these 2 boards will get my money. well GL on ur serach

Thanks for the RE! I've been researching this thing for at least a month. I'm tired. The next good deal I run across I'll buy. Thank you for your help. I expected a lot more responses but I suppose that this is not really a forum for beginners. I'm outta here!:burn:

to be honest i dont think alot surf the motherboard area. thats y

keep this in mind... do people talk about boards that have no problems? nope.

when people talk about their cars... its always about them breaking down right? they never start a conversation about "yeah my cars still running just fine."

all you see there is problems cause its just the few that have problems that are saying anything.

Interesting concept about car performance. North Carolina is a car crazy state. There are pro and amateur auto enthusiasts all around me. I once lived less than 1 mile from Terry Labonte's Shop. EVERYBODY talks about their cars here. I thought that computer enthusiasts would be the same! I guess the dedication and pride in their rigs just doesn't equal the car people here in God's country! Too bad!

Back