• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking materials for an XP ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

High there. :) I have seen the video from Tom's hardware guide on unlocking an XP cpu. I got my superglue, cutting knife, and clear tape. But I couldn't manage to find any silver conductive lacquer. SO \, I bought some bulb grease. It says on the front of the product :
  • " Protects bulb and socket from rust and corrosion damage caused by heat and moisture"
  • "Insures good electrical contact"
  • Eliminates arcing and voltage leaks"

On the back, it lists other uses as well, including Battery terminals, ignition wire connectoers, spark plug boots, distributor caps, ignition coil connectors, and trailer lighting connectors.

I was wondering if this stuff will do the same thing as silver lacquer ( lol sorry can't spell ) or work worse or better than the silver lacquer? One more question. If I decrease the FSB and up the multiplier, will that result in a more "efficient" or "better" overclock? Thank you.

Last edited:
Back