• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp setup problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Well here is whats going on in a nutshell, I recently went to intel from Amd, I am now running an Abit TH7II non raid and am trying to setup win XP pro or home, during setup I keep getting to the point where it is detecting devices and setting them up and it locks at the 33-35 min mark everytime, I got curious and started by pulling all but the vid card, same thing, so I traded video cards and went through setup perfect,both cards are Agp, the one giving me the trouble is in my sig, setup went fine with my viperII 32mb and also win98 installs fine with the radeon. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? let me know what addiotional info you need.

thanks
mamer

I would try installing XP with the Vcard that works. Then, swap the Vcards and install the newest drivers.

Looks to me like a driver issue, as XP doesn't like your Vcard.

David

Under any normal condititons I would say your right, but I have been using the same video card with my Kx7 raid and xp2000+ and had installed Xp on numerous occasions with no problems, I am beggining to think this is an imcompatibilty issue with Radeon and the TH7II board,or the 39c Bios,it is driving me nuts as I have been and want to run Xp again:mad:

According to your sig, you are oc'd, have you tried load defaults(or equivelant, disable onboard sound if present) then installing?

mamer said:
Yes, I was always told to install @ default,98se goes on no prob,but not Xp, even 2000 pro upgraded ok.
Did you check the disk for scratches? Also I had a problem with one of my HDD IDE cables once that prevented me from installing Win xp but not 98 :rolleyes: So you might also want to give that a try.

Back