• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lapping question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could find that out by taking a level or a straight edge or even a string and checking one certain area in all directions. More than likely you'll be able to find at least one spot out there flat enuf for it. Otherwise, just find a straight board about 18" long and use that.:cool:

I would say probably not: any surface irregularity at all will wreck the process. Unless your garage is flatter than my kitchen floor, it will be useless at best, and could make things worse.

A piece of glass is best, but I have also used counter tops, cutting boards and a piece of hardwood for lapping surfaces.

don't even bother with the garage floor, theres no way it's level enough. use a cutting board (an unused side of course) or a countertop like roger said. i use the front peice of glass out of an ancient TV for mine...

Back