• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does your box stack up to others?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCphreak

First and foremost I am speaking stereo-typically. Humans are competitive. And competition is competition.....whether that competition be with computers, cars, money, clothes, popularity, or whatever else you may have that sets you apart from others. Competition is bad when it turns to envy.

en·vy
n. pl. en·vies

1) A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
2) The object of such feeling: Their new pool made them the envy of their neighbors.

This thing of "envy" is also synonamous with jealousy and resentment. Bottom line is envy, jelousness, and resentment are bitter feelings- and are provoked by bragging. Bitter feelings don't belong among friends. We're all friends here. Here for the same common thing.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm competitive. Overclocking is many things to me. Namely competition and a well enjoyed hobby.

Doesn't matter whether your running an Intel box or an AMD box. Either platform has the capability of beating the other platform out. Overclocking is all about performance. How you get the that euphoric state of performance, is up to you. That's what makes competition so great: diversity. But in the end, what seperates the men from the boys is not having the fastest computer, it's called sportsmanship- other wise known as exercising common courtesy toward each other.

I would like to get some programmers together and start a new kind of database here at overclockers.com. I would like to see a benchmark program or even a program that piggy-backs (a type API) to Sandra 2002, that records your scores and u/l them to a database. What this would allow is basically a competition in which you can "race" your computer against other fellow overclockers here. I would like there to be different brackets. Sorted by CPU type and speed and chipset. Anyone interested??

- PC

Sounds good, but you should also sort by cooling type, no way that air cooling can compete with water can compete with phase change.

I'd love to see a detailed database that we could list all our systems with detailed stats/benches. OCAU has a PC database thats pretty cool, we could expand on that idea. It'd be a pretty big undertaking though, with server load, bandwidth etc. But it'd be worth it!

-Rav

If there's enough interest- and hosting it at overclockers.com isn't feasible, I'd be more than happy to procure a domain, host, and site.

I could take care of everything but the actual scripting, that is unless there are some here that are web savvy who'd like to be part of this. PHP and MySQL may be viable options. I am not proficient on these languages, and I would need ones to partake in this new site and help me get scripting in place.

I hope this thread spreads, so I can get some feedback...

thanks

-PC

Back