• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do these Temps make Sense????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

Ok heres the temps...
55 C Idle
60 C At Load

thats using the Stock HSF and Heatsink...Plus the Thermal pad it came with. I got a little impatient waiting for my AS3....But it got here later in the day so I'll be putting it on this weekend when I get some other badely needed components.

Are those normal for a stock HSF or what?

Those temps look in line for stock HSF.

I suggest replacing the HSF aside from using AS3.
AS3 will only lower your temps by a few degrees at the temps you're running right now.

Also make sure you have some case fans to draw cool air in and blow the hot air out.

Check out the Heatsink Review in the Home Page.

No way, I am cheap and can't afford 10 bucks for a new one (getting married). But my temps are only as high as 53c on full load for hours folding.

So those temps are WAY too high!

First off, the thermal pad should be scraped away first thing after you get the thermal paste. Second, you should use some fine sand paper and gentally spin in the center of the hsf untill your face can be clearly seen in a mirror like image (especially for copper!).

OK, after that, you want to buff up the metal with some soft clothes, so prepare to scrub as hard as possible with a soft cloth, so that it polishes off that surface! And now your ready to go!

DS-Master

Nick's article on lapping is a pretty good guide to lapping.

It would help if you told us what kind of processor you have. :)

Back