• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX462U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobInside

Just installed this mammoth cpu cooler with a YS-tech 48 CFM fan, and im getting cpu temp readings of 52 C (just running windows/IE/Winamp)... im pretty sure i applied the arctic silver 3 correct, and installed the heatsink correct. how is this in relation to all you guys temps? I just installed a XP 1600 AGOIA 4 its not OC'ed at all...

It feels a lot cooler to the touch though, than my old stock HS/F

Last edited:
I get a max temp of about 45 C with 25 C ambient temp. Specs in sig. Hope it helped.

[Edit]
Maybe this thread should be in the cooling forum... :eh?:

NoobInside said:
Just installed this mammoth cpu cooler with a YS-tech 48 CFM fan, and im getting cpu temp readings of 52 C (just running windows/IE/Winamp)... im pretty sure i applied the arctic silver 3 correct, and installed the heatsink correct. how is this in relation to all you guys temps? I just installed a XP 1600 AGOIA 4 its not OC'ed at all...

It feels a lot cooler to the touch though, than my old stock HS/F
A couple of things. The 8k3a reads the on die diode of the CPU, so it will read hotter but those temps could be WAY better. I have 2 8k3a's and 2 XP 1600's. One system H20 cooled and one with an AX-7, we'll discuss the air cooled one as it relates to your cooling. I had an MCX462 for a long while, and I know why your temps are high. That sink in particular MUST HAVE a High CFM fan to work right, more than ANY other HSF I have ever used. If you put the 68CFM delta on there your temps will drop like 6-7C EASY. I tried a 50CFM Sunon on there and it blew chunks, temps rose like I said, 6-7C. I won't tell you to get a new sink, just a new fan, if you can handle the noise. This sink was designed to use the 38mm thick delta fans with the focusing vanes, not 2 ways about it. On a side note, I have the AX-7 with a 50CFM fan and my load temps are 52C, at 1.9V and at 1820mhz with my 1600. Here is a link to the fan it was designed to be used with: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/del80ffb08122.html

Back