• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No post on Abit IT7-Max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cd3838

Registered
No post on Abit IT7-Max mobo ... Any suggestions?

Alright.. I just built a new system based around the Abit IT7-Max... 512mb of XMS pc3200, Pentium 4 2.26ghz, 430watt Enermax Power Supply, Lian-lI case, etc etc... The system worked great for a day or two (the memory was even 100% stable @ 428mhz DDR @ cas2!! It was only rated for 400 @ cas 2.5!!) But anyway.. I wanted to check something on the heatsink, disasembled the system and when i put it back together it wouldn't post. All of the lights on the case light up (all CD Rom, Hard Drive access light.. everything) all the fans turn on, but nothing happens.. Not even a beep code. The LED on the mobo reads "FF" which means "boot attempt" according to the manual. I've taken EVERYTHING out and put it back in quite a few times. Tried different ram, video card, etc. The only thing else that i can replace would be the powersupply, which i just might try tommorow, and the CPU, which i have no way of testing because all of my previous systems were built around athlons. I really think the problems with the mobo though, becuase i tried booting without a CPU in the socket or any ram in the slot and it does the exact same thing... No ram and no CPU should definetly be giving me a beep code. I remember flashing a mobo a while ago through the floppy drive when it wouldn't boot... Is this possible with this Mobo, and would/could it even work in this situation? If worse comes to worse, i'll just call up newegg and tell them that either the bored died on me after a day or just forget to tell that it EVER worked. =) So anyway.. ANY suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited:
Back