• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil pc3500 review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Before I continue I should tell you that I intend to be completely objective but you may consider this review biased, because I recently launched RAMStore.ca which will be selling GeIL memory.

For testing I used a system provided by GeIL

sigh...

yeah I searched google and yahoo, not one review... This company must be VERY VERY VERY NEW.. Not to mention geil search gives me nothing...

Overclocker456 said:
yeah I searched google and yahoo, not one review... This company must be VERY VERY VERY NEW.. Not to mention geil search gives me nothing...

You're joking... right??? Dude, the SEARCH BUTTON (The one right here, not google) KNOWS ALL!

Before I continue I should tell you that I intend to be completely objective but you may consider this review biased, because I recently launched RAMStore.ca which will be selling GeIL memory.

For testing I used a system provided by GeIL

I really have to agree with Noobinside, a handpicked Memory stick and a system provided by Geil is no way to fairly write a review.

Im in the middle of writing a review for XtremeDDR, and the way they do it is they WILL NOT send any review samples out to review sites, If you want a stick you must aquire it from an Approved reseller like Pcpitstop or Coolerguys.com. That way the stick being reviewed is not a cherry picked stick, its the same module the consumer will buy.

Another issue I have with Geil memory is that IMHO its nothing other than OCsystems memory with a Geil heatspreader.

http://www.ocsystem.com/pcpcpcbrddrs1.html

Who is Ocsystems? OCZ maybe?

Anyway.... I did some checking on Geil on the 7th of July2002 and
They claim to be around since 1997

But Domain name- GEILUSA.COM was created on - 04/23/02 15:31:37

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102392&highlight=geil

Anyway the only way to properly test this memory is to Buy it and not let them send you a cherry picked stick ;)

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:

I really have to agree with Noobinside, with all respect to you Kato a handpicked Memory stick and a system provided by Geil is no way to fairly write a review.

Im in the middle of writing a review for XtremeDDR, and the way they do it is they WILL NOT send any review samples out to review sites, If you want a stick you must aquire it from an Approved reseller like Pcpitstop or Coolerguys.com. That way the stick being reviewed is not a cherry picked stick, its the same module the consumer will buy.

Another issue I have with Geil memory is that IMHO its nothing other than OCsystems memory with a Geil heatspreader.

http://www.ocsystem.com/pcpcpcbrddrs1.html

Who is Ocsystems? OCZ maybe?

Anyway.... I did some checking on Geil on the 7th of July2002 and
They claim to be around since 1997

But Domain name- GEILUSA.COM was created on - 04/23/02 15:31:37

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102392&highlight=geil

Anyway the only way to properly test this memory is to Buy it and not let them send you a cherry picked stick ;)

I couldn't have said it better myself.. what is IMHO??

I did check the site.. and this is what I found

"This is just to answer a question that people ask frequent and confused about.

OCSystem is NOT related nor associated to OCZ in anyway. We do NOT sell nor make their memory and they do NOT make any of our product as well."

This is a quote from the SITE, not me.. How if it's legit is up to you..

Overclocker456 said:
I did check the site.. and this is what I found

"This is just to answer a question that people ask frequent and confused about.

OCSystem is NOT related nor associated to OCZ in anyway. We do NOT sell nor make their memory and they do NOT make any of our product as well."

This is a quote from the SITE, not me.. How if it's legit is up to you..

I didnt state they were ;) But the fact that geil claims to be around since 1997 and only started a website on April 2002, means to me that they were selling product under a seperate name prior. Since I never heard of Geil memory prior to April 2002 (DO A GOOGLE SEARCH) I was just curious. Im not pointing a finger here, merely pointing out my observations.

Silversinksam said:

I didnt state they were ;) But the fact that geil claims to be around since 1997 and only started a website on April 2002, means to me that they were selling product under a seperate name prior. Since I never heard of Geil memory prior to April 2002 (DO A GOOGLE SEARCH) I was just curious. Im not pointing a finger here, merely pointing out my observations.

oh yeah I said the same thing.. I don't believe them that they have been around since 1997... Do you know when OCZ what founded?? and also Everyone is so against OCZ that it would make sense that they would change names.. right??? right..

P.S. Silversinksam.. you're da man.. always on the ball no bull $hit..

Sorry SSS;)
I was in a hurry this morning, i read on a chinese site that I am not a geekl.com got a review on the ram, and i remember someone asked about the ram in the forum, but i was in a hurry, so i just decided to let you guys check it out first, and i didn't read a word from it...

and i totally agree its not fair to make a review on a setup machine....guess next time i will check out the site first:beer:

Kato said:
Sorry SSS;)
I was in a hurry this morning, i read on a chinese site that I am not a geekl.com got a review on the ram, and i remember someone asked about the ram in the forum, but i was in a hurry, so i just decided to let you guys check it out first, and i didn't read a word from it...

and i totally agree its not fair to make a review on a setup machine....guess next time i will check out the site first:beer:

I'm just glad you didn't write that review :) No need to be sorry, actually Im glad you posted this info....

For the record I have a 512MB Stick of Winbond memory that does 438MHz 100% stable using 2.7v It's rated at PC2700.
How high can your XtremeDDR get??

Overclocker456 said:
For the record I have a 512MB Stick of Winbond memory that does 438MHz 100% stable using 2.7v It's rated at PC2700.
How high can your XtremeDDR get??

Now if I told you that I'd have to kill yah :D (i'm in the middle of writing a big review with several popular brands of memory tested)

I sent the stick to another Mod to get a second opinion, but I will say its good memory.

PS Twinmos Ive heard good things about....Im going to test that out soon.

Back