• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think it would hurt it, just as long as you cover the agp & pci slots with tape before you do, cause you don't wanna coat the contacts that are inside.

and for that you might want to use electrcal tape also but that sounds like a cool idea but if you ever want to change stuff it will be dirty

Well so far I have killed two mobo`s and two video cards due to condensation and I just want to be on the safe side. After all I love the set up I have right now. Plus I'm also looking at doing 0C cooling.

So far the only spray I could find was Polyurethane and Polycrylic. Only thing it said was for wood. Does anyone know is this stuff is non-conductive.

There's a product called KlearKote on the market--it's used as a final coat over paint like on cars or other metal--perfectly clear. Home Depot, Menards, Fleet Farm, or most auto or even hardware stores carry something similar to it. It gets much harder than polys for wood and I do not think it is conductive at all. Whatever you use, make sure it is a very thin coat that is applied--otherwise you could be insulating whatever is coated.

Most likely I will take off the h.s.f. on my northbridge and then tape it off. Then spray the whole MoBo then put the h.s.f. back on.

Klownin79 said:
Most likely I will take off the h.s.f. on my northbridge and then tape it off. Then spray the whole MoBo then put the h.s.f. back on.

If you're worried about conductivity, it wouldn't hurt to spray a sample coating on another surface first and test it with a multimeter. That would probably be pretty wise to test first. -- Paul

Back