• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you share a tv card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imaboutaquit

I have 2 pcs networked with a router, 1 with an AVERTV tv tuner card. This system runs windows 98 and my system runs XP. Is there any way that I can view the tv signal on my pc through the network? Just for grins I tried installing the card in my system so I could load the drivers, which I did, then removed the card and put it back into the other system. I can bring up the viewing screen but I get no signal. Am I looking for something that can't be done? Yes I'm too cheap to buy another tv tuner card!

This is off hauppauge's website. I tried it before, but the video that is shared isn't very high quality:

SnapStream PVS: Networked Personal Television [evaluation copy: free download]
Networked VCR software for your WinTV: Like no other software currently available, SnapStream Personal Video Station gives the Hauppauge WinTV user networked personal television. PVS allows you to create intelligent recordings so you never miss your favorite shows.
After recording, SnapStream PVS is fully network-centric which means you can control and watch videos from your own PVS from anywhere on your home network or the Internet... just as if you were sitting at your PVS! With a host of other features including network autodetection, alternate codec support (M-JPEG, DivX, Cinepak codecs), SnapStream PVS is a must-have for Hauppauge WinTV users.
Awards: SnapStream PVS has been recognized with a number of awards including CNet Download.com's Shareware Pick Award and the CES 2001 Best of Show Finalist award.
Hardware Requirements: WinTV and INTEL (Celeron, P2, P3) or AMD (K6, K7, Athlon) at 350 MHz (minimum) processor

Back