• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Averaging temp of 61c with AMD 2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TexasTwister

Not sure if I need to be concerned about this but I just received this new PC which I had built by "myjackrabbit.com". It has a AMD 2200+ chip, and an Asus v733 MB. The MB came with some installation software that I installed. One program is called Probe V2.15.08. I opened Probe to see what it was and it is a system monitor. It started beeping telling me that my AMD chip was running too hot. I have been watching this. Since I know nothing about what temp these things are supposed to run, I wasn't sure what kind of problem I have. It is averaging 61 c degrees on idle. When I am gaming it goes up to 65 c degrees. I called the place I bought the PC from and the guy told me that it was fine.

By the way, I noticed in the BIOS that I can run the chip at 1350 MHZ or 1800 MHZ. I scored 2000 more points on a Mad Onion Benchmark with the 1800 MHZ setting so I have kept it there. Shouldn't this chip be able to run at 1800 MHZ with no overheating?

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks!

P.S. The case has two fans running out the back.

Yeah bro thats a little high, usually with your kinda chip it should be 50c or 55c tops, mostly 50c is normal with stock hsf. My buddie had a setup almost like yours. A XP2100 with the Asus A7V333 and it ran real hot too. If I were you I would get a performance heat sink fan. Make sure the fan puts out around 40 cfm and the heatsink is all copper. If you get something close to these specs you should drop your temps considerably. A good place to look for such a hsf would on one of the pc cooling companies that have thier add banners flashing on overclcokers.com home page. I buy stuff from them all the time.

keep in mind that this isn't a 2100+, it's a tbred 2200+ with a smaller die.. so it will be more than 50C stock cooling

Back