• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinions on my Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Hat Theater

The primary system in my sig, the 8K3A+, Tbred 2100 is in the process of being overclocked right now. I currently have it at 148x13. Now, to get it to this point, I had to set the Vcore to 1.9 and the Vdimm to 2.8. My cooling is an MCX-462 w/ 68.5cfm Delta and the Lian Li case has two intake and two exhaust fans. At the moment, I don't know what my temps are at full load however, Sandra reports idle temps at 57c/35c (CPU/system). Now, because it's reading off the internal diode, isn't this temp really much higher than if it were read off the thermosister inside the socket? Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is, is it reasonably safe to run the CPU at 1.9 Vcore? I leave my computer on 24/7 so please take that into consideration as well. All replies are much appreciated.

~THT

i have the internal diod as well my temps are 10 c higher than what the ywould be on socket prob wich is normal.

I leave myn on 1.90 vcore but i water cool temps are 43c idle and 48 load i would try to lower the load temp on ur system a tiny bit 1.90 vcore might shortin the life on those temps. altho i doubt it would hurt if its stable then its fine.

U dont havea tbred the tbred is only in 2200+ flavers

Xp is 1500,1600,1700,1800,1900,2000,2100, u have a xp. I could be wrong but im sure u have the xp not tbred does youre cpu look like a duron with all the sqaure thingys on top or is it all under neeth

Here does youre cpu look like this ?http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q2/020610/index.html

or like this http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/01q4/011112/athlonxp2000oc-05.html

I have the 2000+ and get 1.95 ghz and a 2 gig post.

ur overclock is nice you might be able to get 2 gig if you cool it more have u tried opnin ur case side and see if the temps drop ?

Trust me...it's a Tbred. The L1s are connected, it's physically different from the other dozen XPs I've used and shows up in Sandra as a Tbred. Closing the last L3 unlocks the multipliers, however it does it strangely (any multiplier I set is POSTed at 2 less).

Back