• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low CPU temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

I had an urge to underclock my cpu or to put it more accurately, put it back to it's stock speed of 1533mhz. I was amazed at the resultant temps!!

p.s Does o/cing decrease the life of ur cpu? If so, by how much?!

those are the 5volt railings. see if any of yr power sources is not producing enough power. I got as impressive temps as u do. but at a 10 degree higher ambient

huh?

dansonang said:
those are the 5volt railings. see if any of yr power sources is not producing enough power. I got as impressive temps as u do. but at a 10 degree higher ambient

You also have an entirely different cpu, and your temps aren't even good for it... lol. My 1.6a runs in the 30s with the retail cooler at 1.8GHz... nana nana nana ;)

dansonang said:
wait till u achieve an idle that is a degree above yr ambient then do yr "nana, nana, nana" stuff

Wait until someone at least starts a thread about P4 temps before you start bragging on how awesome yours are... Like any 1.8a at 1.8 with a stock heatsink should run any hotter than 42... lol.

those are some nice temps you got there!!!

larva: do you realize that the poo4 cores are larger than amd cores?? thats why they are cooler, less watts per mmSQ

lazerin said:
I had an urge to underclock my cpu or to put it more accurately, put it back to it's stock speed of 1533mhz. I was amazed at the resultant temps!!

p.s Does o/cing decrease the life of ur cpu? If so, by how much?!
wow....23 degrees... with the stock HSF....

hey, if you believe those readings, then good for you. I'm glad one of us does. Don't take this as me trying to rain on your parade, but your cpu is not 23C. Sorry, It just won't happen with the stock cooler.

P4's have larger cores, yes.. but they also shut off when idle. "bus disconnect" in amd xp world. only a few XP boards support this for the XP processor and even then, I dont think windows has support for it. Open source guys can find the patch and use it though.

Yes, 30-39C is nothing to brag about for the P4. and being 1 degree over ambient with air coolers (no matter what kind) means you're either chilling the heatsink or the temp sensors are just wrong or you're lying. Metal and air is not efficient enough to draw heat away that well. even water cooling wouldn't be able to keep you on ambient unless the water was cooler than "ambient"

I have a 80mm fan blowing through a duct straight thru to my cpu fan. the duct is completely sealed to the fan so the cpu fan does not recycle hot air from the HS. I am running with negative airflow, one intake 4 exhausts. My case temp NEVER exeeds 24°C. I reckon the hottest thing in my case is the two hard drives. But they never exeed 32°C. I am 100% serious about my 23°C idle.

Like I said, I don't lie. But everyone is free to have their own opinion.

temps

Nice ambient! Must be nice and cold this time of year in Australia. Just wait 4 months when the tables are turned and I can get some uber-low ambient temps.... Mwuahahaha!

yea it's pretty cold here. but not as cold as it gets in other parts of the world. It's not even cold at all compared to places like New York. The lowest temp we get during the day is about 12C. But at nite it gets down to -2 on a really cold day.

Re: Re: Low CPU temps

plague said:

wow....23 degrees... with the stock HSF....

hey, if you believe those readings, then good for you. I'm glad one of us does. Don't take this as me trying to rain on your parade, but your cpu is not 23C. Sorry, It just won't happen with the stock cooler.

It is when he took the screen shot. but u look at his average and that gives u a better idea... i live in adeliade too and when u first boot up my temps stick pretty close to ambient for a few mins till my res starts to heat up. U got to love the cold adeliade weather. the plus of haveing 4 rig foldind is i dont need a heater my room is the only room that decently warm with out heating lol.

I my cous has the same set up with and ax7 and his idle temps are stil aroung 32 with ambients at 21

mine at idle is at 28 with ambeints at 22
but when i load the xp1800@1867 temps go up to 35 but i got a bad stepping so my vcore had to be pushed up to 2.1

The average on mbm five is completely wrong. All it is the average of the high, low and current value. I had been using that the comp on that configuration for a few hours so that means the cpu had been up to its max of 37 then idled back down to 23 which i think is pretty good.

are u serious?? 1 deg above ambient?? i think not unless ur using some soft where to shut down ur cpu at idle. 1 deg is nuts are u under volting vcore or ur sensors are reading wrong. cos i dont belive thats possible with out pelts and such even with h20 i cant reach those idle temps

packratbob said:
are u serious?? 1 deg above ambient?? i think not unless ur using some soft where to shut down ur cpu at idle. 1 deg is nuts are u under volting vcore or ur sensors are reading wrong. cos i dont belive thats possible with out pelts and such even with h20 i cant reach those idle temps

I am 100% serious. There's no way that I shut it down cause then the log file resets.

Back