• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benchmark page and others mod'ed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
Bench page, Link page, etc. update/mod.!!

added a little nav. bar on the top of the page since the ad links people to the benchmark result page. however, since Basher moved to "frame", whenever we post a direct link, it will lost the top nav. bar! and those new visitor might got lost.... :rolleyes:

also, reformat all the font & color in Link page, Bench instruct, Bench result, in order make them a little more consistent and easier to read. didn't touch other page since i didn't ask TC nor Basher for it! :p

'cos i always think that, since there a few of us who r working on each's individual page using different program (i'm using Dreamweaver, and heard TC & Basher using FrontPage), our site seems a little out of consistent and not too easy to nav. for we regular, there's certainly not a problem at all! however, since now we r trying, and will, get some new/first time visitors, it might be a bit hard for them.... and a bit non professional.

i've tried my best to match what other pages looks like, e.g. link color to match the daily stats page's link color, etc. i could certain reformat the rest of the page, but i didn't touch them since it's TC & Basher who r in charge of those pages and it's not too nice to alter their pages w/out any notice.

hope this would help and suggestion/opinion is welcome!!

Looks great. I know what you mean about the links though. Sean has some ideas for improving the site, but that will have to wait until fall.

great! can't wait to see the improvement. btw, may be we can make up some sort of external CSS sheet for all the font/link/color stuffs like that. that will make the page more consistent when several of us r working on them. JMHO

Noticed it this morning...you guys really do a great job on the site. maybe we can get a direct link to the benchmark from the overclockers main page. That should help get us a few new members.

LandShark said:
great! can't wait to see the improvement. btw, may be we can make up some sort of external CSS sheet for all the font/link/color stuffs like that. that will make the page more consistent when several of us r working on them. JMHO
Yeah we should kind of get that nailed down. There's still some inconsistent coloring left over from the days when I was trying to take Kris's work and make it a little easier for me to read against the star background. Sean kept tossing out different colors for me to try and I liked the orange color and bold print. I stuck with that for a lot of the new stuff, but the site needs some cleaning up.

Back