• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX-7 ,what fan ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

Well im going to buy a AX-7 replacing my MCXC-370 since the delta 38cfm 46DBA is killin my ears, I was wonderin If i buy a Sunon 50CFM, and I think its 40dBA would it still be loud and high pitch sound like my old delta?

I need something for the AX-7 so i can sleep at night LOL

I was thinkin about the AX-7 with the thermal take smart fan which pushes i think 53CFM at 39dBa is that true??

Depending on your threshold with noise, anything below 40dB "should" be relatively tolerable. I might sound too lenient since the Deltas are nothing to me, but 40dB (and below) for something that will push 50CFM+ is quite good.

I think sidewindercomputers has a few options available.

They do make a quiet delta...its and 80mm 45.2cfm 39dB with the static vains that help direct the air down into the HSF. With the 80mm fans the noise pitch becomes lower and alot less whinney than the 60mm fans do. The only place I have seen the quiet delta is atsidewinder computers but they have been out of stock for a little while.

If you are concerned with noise you can check out The Listening Room here and see how some different fans sound and dB levels.

If your not ocing that much- might i suggest the panaflo 80mm LIA or M1A- under 30db with 27-37 cfm!
Spyder

The ax-7 is the best low rpm Heatsink I have ever used yes a higher rpm fan will lower temps but it uses a low rpm fan better than any other heatsink out there.

Mr. $T$ said:
The ax-7 is the best low rpm Heatsink I have ever used yes a higher rpm fan will lower temps but it uses a low rpm fan better than any other heatsink out there.

I'll agree that the AX-7 functions very well with a relatively quiet fan attached...I got one a few weeks ago and just put an Antec Smart Fan (80mm) on it to ease the racket...Keeping in mind the fact that I have no air conditioning and temps here have been 90-100 F lately, the HSF combo keeps my temps under load at 44-45C while remaining inoffensive to the ear...Even if I run my 1.0 at 1.2 temps are around 47, so I am happy...

To butcher the Beatles:

"Happiness is a warm AX-7..."

:D

if you want quit dont get the vantek tornado 84cfm its leet at cooling but its makes my ears wana bleed

Back