• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crash16

well i got like 6 60mm fans i got and i pluged one into the mobo and started the computer... wanted to see how fast it was and how much air it moved.... and soon as i started the computer up fans started up and stopeed right away so i unpluged the new one i got and restarted the computer still none of the fans work.... what the f happened......

what kind of fan was it???

I know the 60 and 80mm Delta screamers come with a disclaimer telling you to use them on your mobo at your own risk, and most sites that sell them have a disclaimer on the page, recommending a 3-4 pin adapter.

Are all your fans plugged into the mobo? It sounds like you could have fried a mobo fan header. If they are powered via molexes, then try using a multimeter and measuring the output. Does the computer itself boot up? I suppose its possible the PSU is somehow damaged, but if everything works but the fans, it seems unlikely.

Check your mobo for damage on the back of the mobo and or smell it to see if it burned. If so probably a trace got blown off the back of the mobo and you may be able to fix the dead mobo if that is the case. WIth suff like conductive paint or copper wire or such. I know, since i got sombodies board for free since they fried it and was out of warrenty and was a good excuse to get a new one. I got it to work but it was a pain.

god i hate when something like this happens...you try to prevent one thing and then something else goes wrong because of it...yep it sounds like you blew your fan header...sorry man:(

While we are on the topic of fans, I have a question. My GlobalWin FOP-32 has a delta fan on it. It came with a 3pin to 4pin adapter which means that it can be plugged into the PSU. My Panfolo has a 3pin connection, but it can't reach one of the motherboard connecters. Can i use the adapter that my HSF uses on my Panoflo fan? Or will it receive too much voltage and die or something?

it is a Delta 60mm ball bearing... yes it was plugged into my mobo and i got my other fans also plugged into the mobo.. and it does fire up works fine but no fans.... i will pull it all apart and look at the back of it... and tell ya guys what i find... thx for the responses

dj_unforgetable said:
While we are on the topic of fans, I have a question. My GlobalWin FOP-32 has a delta fan on it. It came with a 3pin to 4pin adapter which means that it can be plugged into the PSU. My Panfolo has a 3pin connection, but it can't reach one of the motherboard connecters. Can i use the adapter that my HSF uses on my Panoflo fan? Or will it receive too much voltage and die or something?

UMMMM....... Thread Police, I would like to report a thread in the process of being stolen......

The suspect seems to be on some kind of drugs, and is probally tired from selling himself for drug money.

KeyboardCowboy said:
UMMMM....... Thread Police, I would like to report a thread in the process of being stolen......

The suspect seems to be on some kind of drugs, and is probally tired from selling himself for drug money.

are you serious?

what i am doing now so i can talk to u guys is i have my airconditioner running blowing on the back through the hole back there and a house fan on the side of it to keep it cool at a 49C.....

EDIT i also have it underclocked to 1.1Ghz so i am able to view and post on the forums....

ITS THAT GATEWAY PRODUCT!!!!

That sound card you took out of your old gateway intintialy fried your mobo :D :clap: :D

I'm smart... see :) anything gateway destroyes anything anti-gateway :clap:

Ya i'll try gettin that 3 pin adapter tingy for ya :beer:

thx mem and no i didnt smell anything at the time it happen... when i get the time( when my parents arent around) i will pull it apart and look.. hope it is fixable... cause i was almost murdered cause of this.... when it probably wasnt even my fault.....

Last edited:
In the first place, what are you using 6 - 60mm fans for? What they look cute? The sane method is 80mm fans. 60mm fans are designed for heatsink and video cards, anything else, they are useless.
Silversinksam, How do you know what the amperage of his fans are? Are you assuming they are .12 amps?

Da Whip said:
In the first place, what are you using 6 - 60mm fans for? What they look cute? The sane method is 80mm fans. 60mm fans are designed for heatsink and video cards, anything else, they are useless.
Silversinksam, How do you know what the amperage of his fans are? Are you assuming they are .12 amps?

He said something like .18 amps. So, no problem here

Back