• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.11 goes gold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
yep 3.11 is now officially on the download page.

The changes from 3.1 are:
- If there's a client-core communications error, the current work unit and files are deleted. Before, if there were a couple of these errors, a new core would be downloaded but if the problem was with the files, it would never get fixed unless the work directory was manually cleared.
- If 5 consecutive core downloaded during a single run of the client don't finish a work unit, then the client will go to sleep for a day. When it wakes up, it will download a core once more and try it out, and if it's bad too, go to sleep for another day, and so on. Hopefully this feature wll never be used (let us know if you ever see it), but it's in there to prevent the core download loops that are especially bad for people paying by bandwidth use.
- The FAHlog.txt is appended to (if it's less than 50 Kb) rather than overwritten, on client startup. This will make it easier to figure out what's going on if problems come up.

FOLD ON
NAS

NASsoccer said:
yep 3.11 is now officially on the download page.
- If 5 consecutive core downloaded during a single run of the client don't finish a work unit, then the client will go to sleep for a day. When it wakes up, it will download a core once more and try it out, and if it's bad too, go to sleep for another day, and so on. Hopefully this feature wll never be used (let us know if you ever see it), but it's in there to prevent the core download loops that are especially bad for people paying by bandwidth use.

FOLD ON
NAS
I can create this situation by overclocking my latest system (XP1800@1633) above 142FSB. If I do this my client keeps dumping WUs as bad. It will continue to do this until I back the FSB down. My other XP1800 does this above 1656MHZ. Both systems use KR7A mobos. For this reason I will stick to the 3.0 Client which is the one I'm using until I can get an idea of what is really happening. This will allow me to troubleshoot without being locked out of folding for extended periods.:confused: :beer: :burn:

Back