• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready made ducts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

Hi,
I came across these fan adapters a second ago and thought that they would be act as a perfect duct!! However, i think that they were designed for replacing ur current 60mm heatsink fan with an 80mm one. Still, it's a nice little product :)

whoops. sorry. i dunno why it double posted. dang! this is the second time its happened to me.

I've used fan adapters as an experiment, and they do work, somewhat, but the results I got were not great: a bit quieter, but a bit hotter as well. The newer hsf for 80mm are a better option.

BUT, the topic mentions using them as ducts and that is an interesting idea!
Controlling airflow in a case is as important as the total airflow, so I can see a couple of places that they might come in handy......

i have had some really good luck with these, or my homemade one... basicly ti has massive restriction if you blow into them but if you suck out of them its awesome!, then if yousuck out, you mite need to duct the heatsink a little but, like tape it off so the air hasta enter thru the bottom 1/2inch of it...

RangerJoe said:
1. dont post the same thing twice

2. i hear they dont do much good, because you lose alot of pressure with them...just get an 80mm heatsink

Not eveyone can fit a 80mm heatsink on their mother boards. But want a higher flow rate. A 50.6 CFM 80mm Sunon @ 40.6 dba, would still be better than the regular high output Delta which flows 38 CFM @ 46.5 dba. Even if the flow of the Sunon dropped 5CFM by passing through the adapter it's still quieter, and has more airflow.

Back