• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Settings for OC a K62-500 / GA-5AX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peets

We,re new to this and can't get our heads around the settings for clocking an AMD K62-500 on a Gigabyte GA-5AX (rev 4).
Everything we have tried has resulted in Blue screens.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

On my Asus P5A-B I got my K6-2 500 to 600! But that was in the winter and I had my window open with the case sticking outside. Stable though in warm temps I got 550. But I had a really bad cooler on it.(An imitation Golden Orb) If you take off the heat spreder you can drop the temp by about 5- 10 degrees, depending on your HSF. I had to increase the voltage a bit, and my memory was PC133 SDRAM.

you should be able to get the k6-2 500 to 600 with a good heatsink and fan on it. you may have to up the voltage a lil ways to make it stable.
its been a very long time but i think my old k6-2 500 had a default voltage of 2.2 and upping it to 2.4 and using the 2 multiplier got me to 600. yes i meant the number 2 multiplier as on most socket 7 boards 2 actually was 6 hehe.

Back