• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pimpin aint eazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

well to make a LONG story short... i no longer have ADSL at my house and i wont be here posting much, i'm not sure when i'll be back but i'm using my rig at my girlfreinds house, i make a little bit of a dump today it's all that i had before i lost my ADSL i have many other computers crunching for me so my output wont completely dry up, i just downloaded 50wu's which should hold me for about 2 week's or so. so be expecting regular dumps every weekish.

dont know when i'll be back online at my house tho, in the meantime crunch on.

Digital

Bummer! Losing your broadband must be tough. I hope you are able to overcome your current troubles. :)

Cy

ThePerfectCore said:
How'd you loose it?

in my area (vancouver bc) my isp allows 2 computer to be connected per account, extra computers are alot more.

i have 5 computers at my house so i had my main rig as one and all the other computers were connected through a P133 acting as a proxy server. Well the proxy server went down for a week i was on vacation and my mother wasnet able to use the internet on her computer and she got it disconnected, and now i am in "negotiations" to get it back, but chances are i'll be switching methods to a router but i want to find a cheap one <$100CAD if anyone has an extra one for sale please pm me.

Digital

Digital Pimp said:

in my area (vancouver bc) my isp allows 2 computer to be connected per account, extra computers are alot more.

i have 5 computers at my house so i had my main rig as one and all the other computers were connected through a P133 acting as a proxy server. Well the proxy server went down for a week i was on vacation and my mother wasnet able to use the internet on her computer and she got it disconnected, and now i am in "negotiations" to get it back, but chances are i'll be switching methods to a router but i want to find a cheap one <$100CAD if anyone has an extra one for sale please pm me.

Digital

Well sorry to hear. You might want to try Futureshop or a local network store for a Linksys router, heard they were alright just that they have alot of updates (Firmware).

Yodums

dude i have just the thing for you, check compUSA they have a 4 port belkin router for 30 bucks with rebates. i bought this very same router from them for 50 bucks w/ rebates several months ago and it is very nice. no problems.

Demont said:
dude i have just the thing for you, check compUSA they have a 4 port belkin router for 30 bucks with rebates. i bought this very same router from them for 50 bucks w/ rebates several months ago and it is very nice. no problems.

The only problem he's in Canada, and CompUSA is in USA ;)

Yodums, yeah that's the one i was looking at i can get it for about $110 from a local store, i was gonna check out costco as well they had a router and a usb nic but i forgot the cost.

Digital

i dont see how thier americanness means they wont ship to canada, but that is right. they dont ship to hawaii or alaska either. lame.

Digital Pimp said:

Digital

Do you have a hub\switch already?

If you do, then www.compuplus.com has a 1 port router (no switch built in) for US $52. They also have a four port router for US $68 (it has a $10 mail in rebate, so its really $58). Hope this helps.

BTW, those are Linksys routers

Back