• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 50.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Just wanted to let you know that once I've hit 2500 points, which will get me within the Top 50, I'll be rejoining my SETI brethren once again, for a while.

I will continue to skip back and forth between the teams, probably every 2500 WUs/points, so don't worry about me abandoning the Folding Team altogether. The time it takes me to do that type of work is very close to the same between the teams so I won't be gone for long.

It's been alot of fun as well as interesting but I've loved SETI too much to give it up for any longer a period of time than this. A month or two between them is about all I can stand :D

I've got roughly a week left before I hit that mark so I'll be around until then. I still be around the IRC channel and here in the forums too, so like I said, I'm not going to just disappear.

Jon said:

I've got roughly a week left before I hit that mark so I'll be around until then. I still be around the IRC channel and here in the forums too, so like I said, I'm not going to just disappear.

well we certainly thank you for the WU's you have put out so far and can't wait till you come back and fold some more. You have been a big help and put out alot of units for the folding cause and we thank you for the support the 10+ million people with alzheimers won't mind either;) hope to see you back in a month or two:D

thanks again for the help and will be looking for you when you return :D

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
You have been a great folder Jon! And so have all those other Jons on the stanford stats page.:)

crunching has been out for some time now. Folding on the other hand hasnt. Im sure u are aware of this but if u are not. Crunching has over 3 million memeber, while folding only has about 20k
I think folding needs the help not crunching...at the moment;)
thanks for doing all those WUs dont leave forever:D

NO1 said:
crunching has been out for some time now. Folding on the other hand hasnt. Im sure u are aware of this but if u are not. Crunching has over 3 million memeber, while folding only has about 20k
I think folding needs the help not crunching...at the moment;)
thanks for doing all those WUs dont leave forever:D
Rule #1: Thou shalt not judge one's decision to Crunch or Fold. Jon, thanks for the WU's, you will be missed while you are gone.

I saluted as you blew past me just now... You're putting out some awesome numbers... Nice work! Glad you're not staying away forever. :) Thanks for the time you are putting in anyway!

hmm, I wonder how fast does folding and crunching compares, can we crunch faster than fold?? ....like how many points we can do per day or something, .....hmmm i'm gonna give it a shot for a while to see, will let you guys know later.

new_novice said:
hmm, I wonder how fast does folding and crunching compares, can we crunch faster than fold?? ....like how many points we can do per day or something, .....hmmm i'm gonna give it a shot for a while to see, will let you guys know later.

Well with your AMD system you will fold way faster (fow now, at least). If you have an Intel with a big cache and good memory bandwidth (read 533FSB Northwood or big cache Xeon) then SETI will love your system.

With what I have going I'm getting in roughly 500-600 points a week depending on proteins I get. SETI nets me about 385-420 WUs per week depending on ARs.

Looks pretty broad, but that's the way it is.

Since you won't fold continously, how about donating your WU's to OC3d Jon?? just until they hit 10000 points, I will give them half my production, until....I dunno :) but anyways, how about that Jon?

new_novice said:
Since you won't fold continously, how about donating your WU's to OC3d Jon?? just until they hit 10000 points, I will give them half my production, until....I dunno :) but anyways, how about that Jon?
i second that!

Back