• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my setup working :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

For those who don't know I'm using a kenmore 65 pint dehumidifier to cool a double insulated ice chest full of 4 gallons of water/antifreeze pumping with a 700 gph danner pump to a swiftech mcw462-UH block. I managed to get my xp 1800+ stable at 1992 mhz (12x166) @2.1v. That's about what I was aiming for so I'm pretty happy and it runs very stable at this speed at about -5c idle 1-4c full load.

-Sidney

coolness, what wattage are you pumping into it???

-edit- from the cpu?

I have some around here of it in pieces, I'll see if I can get some of it put together.

I can get higher but I'm not very comfortable with 2.2+ voltages, seems like it's too risky, and it seems very stable at 1992 with only 2.1, also I may be at the limits of my ram it's only crucial pc2100, I may get some corsair xms3200 later (when the prices come back down).

According to:
http://www.benchtest.com/calc.html

my wattage is at 123.74

i suggest you just find yourself some good samsung, i got some samsung 2100 thatll do 180-190+ fsb!

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Is that pretty common for samsung 2100? Also is that with 2 sticks or 1?

Twinkle said:
dude you should go for 2.0
that would so r0x0r

I'm sure the CPU will hit 2.0 not problem at that temp. It's all the rest of his stuff that will most likely not like being thrown that far out of spec, that will probably hold him back. Good job dude, nice and tidy looking. Not strewn all over the room, like I've seen with simmilar setups

Here's a pic of the inside during my testing stage (so just water in there at the time), oh and the evaporator isn't in there in that pic.

very nice, another thing tho, can you tell me your water temps??

wow! that is so fresh and so clean! awesome job, i bet you
could get 2.4ghz on a tbred! go for a tbred!! that would be
total w00rz0r5

Do your self a favor and get a 2200+ and clock It till it will not clock any more!!:D

My water temps start stablizing at -20c. I don't keep it on 24hr's though so they probably would go a bit lower if I did (It's just that I can't imagine having a 740 watt dehumidifier run 24/7 is good for the electric bill). I probably keep it on for about 4-6 hrs or so and it's not dropping in temperature very noticeably once it get's to -20c.

Have to save up a bit more before I can do much more upgrading, but it's alot of fun playing with this stuff :D

dude! you could cool a 226watt pelt ONTOP of that! thats pretty nuts...

Back