• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FINALLY got pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knif_00

Well here is the casemod I did. I'm sure the idea had been done before but it's pretty cool.
Forgive me for not posting sooner, the Mod has been done for nearly a month but I just now got the digital camera back from my Uncle. Anywho, here it is and the picture quality is pretty rough too . . BUT I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH I WANNA POST IT!

that looks nice, yea a couple other people have that design, but still it is unique (at least its not a spuare window:D )

WHat did you use? Dremel?

lol, i'm looking for something to do to my chieftec dragon :cool:

and seeing stuff like this always gives me a new idea;)

I guess you like AMD huh? lol. Very good cutting IMO. Looks professional.

AM---WHO??

Haha yeah I'm a little partial to AMD. Thanks for the positive feedback you guys. It means alot and I feel my hard work has paid off. Yes I did it myself and no I didnt use a dremel. I just put the reversed AMD logo on the inside of the case with a pencil doing some really precise 'ruler' work. After I had all my angles and everything like I wanted I used a marker to get the FINAL lines darkened and erased my pencilings. The square is 8 inches by 8 inches (give or take an 1/8") and I ordered a sheet of 'Transparent Green' Plexiglass from http://www.sloanswoodshop.com (Sloans WoodShop).
It is attached by the 'cure-all' that is DUCT TAPE on the inside (good thing no one sees the insides).
The light is an "INDUSTRIAL WHITE" 8 inch Cold Cathode Tube that I got online from www.sidewindercomputers.com (SideWinder Computers). It came with EVERYTHING needed to install and make the nice, clean, and bright case mod I had invisioned in my melon.
Thanks again guys,
Cody

DOH!

To do the cutting I made 3 or 4 'starter holes' with a Milwaukee brand Drill :D. Started with 1/8" holes and worked up to somewhere around 3/4". Then I used a metal "NIBBLER" and ate my way around all the corners and edges an 1/8" at a time and that took a WHILE!!!!!!
My Next investment :: A FREAKIN DREMEL! lol

Re: AM---WHO??

knif_00 said:

It is attached by the 'cure-all' that is DUCT TAPE on the inside (good thing no one sees the insides).

Hah, that's great! I love it. :D

I like unique designs. I think your design is really good. What i really like is how you cut all those holes under that logo and have the neon light in there. Keep up the good work you modder you. :p

sweet job! Also look into getting the side cut attachment for the dremel(makes it a rotozip) Its only 14 buck and works awsome on lexan,plexi and with carbide bits, metal.

I made the mistake of trying to cut lexan with a roto zip dremel attachment, and let me tell you, that it takes a steady hand to be able to make a straight line. My dremel was vibrating all over the place. I messed up alot, and had to do a lot of "hand sanding". I tryed to use the sanding bit, but it just kept catching, and jumping on the lexan. I would not recommend using a dremel (at least not with lexan) to anyone. If your cutting a straight line you'd be better off scoring it, then breaking it on the line. P.S. you case looks nice bro!

Back