• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questio about the windows media player.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

how am i supposed to proceed to get all the codecs and media formats support to run with the original w2k media player?
i read Emericana saying about the new XP version of it is worse and in fact since i updated mine it game me nothing else but problems, so how the heck can i get the media updated support to run with the older version?
thanks!

You just have to install the newer codecs. Most of the time, if you try to play a media file that uses newer codecs, WMP will try to d/l them from Microsoft.

it could never find the codecs i used to need to open videos then i went to the homepage and found out that the codecs package micorsoft has available to download would only work with the newer version of the program.
i went to the WMP homepage now again and the only codecs package available now is for the version 8. so cant i get only the codecs update for older versions of the program? what am i doing wrong, should i got somewhere else to get it?

i cant remember Oni, but i know it wont open some DivX (or them all?).. i got a DivX player to open this kind of media.
all i know there was some videos i would try to open with the native W2K WMP and it would try to download the codec and would always return a message saying the codec could not be found. then i updated the player and i got all the videos running..
is it all about codecs support or there is something else the players needs to open media files?

All WMP needs is codecs to open files. It might have been trying to open a file w/ an unknown codec or something.

You might wanna try the Nimo Codec Pack. It has about a zillion different codecs for Windows Media Player, and there might be on in there that can help you.

http://nimo.everwicked.com/

Back