• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump Maintenance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Just was wondering what you guys do to keep your pumps running in prime shape.

I took mine apart the other day and gave it good cleaning.....
But was wondering what more i could do for it.

I have seen pump oils that you can add tp the water...
but are they any good? And i dont think that oil will help with the entire cooling idea....

So what do you do to maintain your pump?

do a good clean here and there and your pump should be fine.
most pumps are meant to be running 24/7 and are built to run fine with minimal maintanence :D

mine was sounding funny the other day, i opened it and i found some hair rapped around the impeller...

i had to jump off of watercooling until i find a place for my radiator, but i cleaned out my setup and saw that my pump is covered in some white grime, probably some crazy mineral/salt in the water (i hate living in this small town ONLY because of the water!) so i need to clean that and my block out.. just dish soap? or anything special?
-randall

so no other tips on how to mantain the pump other than what i already did?

Randall, as for cleaning a water block, you can use butain...
Fill the block up with butain and blow the gunk out...
i set my leg on fire doing that once :D

or the SAFER meathod, fill the block up with Vinigar and let it sit for a while, then rinse the vinigar out.

Make sure you use distilled water and water wetter, and keep the system closed. That keeps any junk from getting in.

If your using a open system for a bong or something, get a water filter.

no water wetter for me....
Got a WaterTower...

might go bug some people at the pet store about upkeep of pumps.

thanks for the input.

Back