• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling testing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cipherpunk

I want to try out some home-made cooling rigs before I actually put them onto my CPU (my computers _CANNOT_ stop working, if they do, I'm dead). What would be a good temperature to have, say, a heating plate run at to simulate a CPU idling and at full load? A good range would be nice, so ideas for anything from a 700 to a 2.4 OC'ed to 3Ghz, and all the stuff in between, or just whatever you may know would be welcome.

thanks,
-Cipherpunk

www.frostytech.com www.hardocp.com and of coarse www.overclockers.com have cooler testing stations that can be used on watercooing and heatsinks. If you talked to the people who made them they probably would be glad to help. I read that from one of the sites, just done expect them to make it for you, they could maybe recomend components and how to put it together with what thermal epoxy , hold down devices etc. Should be interesting once you get that up and running.

Back