• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkCurentEfect

Registered
got AOPEN AK77pro mobo , 256mb sdram, Athlon 1333Mhz , 40gb segate hdd, SBlive, Gforce MX400 32mb?

IN windows98se some times it gives registry errors like the registry is curropt windows will reboot and fix the problem it reboots but gets the same messege again? any body has an idea?

that happened to me usually due to aggressive ram timings or clock. try running it at stock speed to make sure, if you have it overclocked at all.
try with slower timings and only one mem stick at once if you have more.

if what otto said above doesn't work, use a startup disk, boot into dos, and try typing scanreg /restore. If that doesn't work, welcome to the wonderful world of fsb overclocking data corruption due to overclocking addiction. Also, like otto said, undo your overclocking and try to troubleshoot/diagnose with your default cpu settings.

Save your registry someplace before doing a risky overclock. There are some apps which will allow you to easilly recover a saved registry from dos when using win 98. I used to use Ontrack System Suite, I think it even works with win2k. There are other ways also like just copy the dat files to a seperate disk then restore the file manually with dos commands if you can't get back into windows. You can save a lot of frustration by taking a few precautionary steps before jacking up that fsb:)

gone_fishin said:
Save your registry someplace before doing a risky overclock. There are some apps which will allow you to easilly recover a saved registry from dos when using win 98. I used to use Ontrack System Suite, I think it even works with win2k. There are other ways also like just copy the dat files to a seperate disk then restore the file manually with dos commands if you can't get back into windows. You can save a lot of frustration by taking a few precautionary steps before jacking up that fsb:)
i know what you mean...in this case though all he has to do is just lower his overclock

Thanks for the help guy's but i aint overclocking at all .. not the cpu not the ram and set to default voltage?

and if running windows XP on that system it suddenly reboots at randum timings

DarkCurentEfect said:
Thanks for the help guy's but i aint overclocking at all .. not the cpu not the ram and set to default voltage?

and if running windows XP on that system it suddenly reboots at randum timings

something in your bios might me set wrong, also in your bios everything is probably set to auto and therefor it changes things around (this isnt normal but i think it is possible) try setting the ram to its least aggressive timings (while still leaving it at 133MHz) and set the fsp to the 100MHz or 133MHz whichever your cpu uses (i think the 1333's use 133)

and this is all up to if your board even lets you do this, either way though something doesnt sound right at all

easiest way to repair this is system file checker in help.just run it and it will replace any file it finds corrupt it will ask for the cd.

dont know about aopen but abit has some faulty ide drivers.changing them to microsofts ended disc corruption for me.

Back