• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem solved!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathan Detroit

Registered
hmm I'm overtired, I'm retarded, this is badly translated, or my mobo is dead. Not sure which.

The FP1 Connector
Device -> Pins
HD_LED_P -> 1
FP PWR/SLP -> 2, 4
HD_LED_N -> 3
RST_SW_N -> 5, 8
RST_SW_P -> 6, 7
KEY -> 9, 10

This along with a picture showing pins 1 & 3, 2 & 4, 5 & 7, 6 & 8 as a black block, blah, blah - I'm assuming that most of you with a K7S5A have seen all of this. It makes little sense to me. Or I thought it did, but was only sort of sure. With my system put together - the power button does nothing for me. No power, nothing. I know that my PSU meets and beats all the minimum requirements, don't ask on that one.

This is dragging on for too long, anyone make an easy to read map of the FP1 connector for me? And perhaps shed light on 4 pins for reset switch?

And am I the only that a hard time with this chunk? I've read several posts all over the place with people having this problem, but no clearcut answer as to what resolved it.

Last edited:
Yea, it is a bit confusing.
The pins are numbered left to right and top to bottom.
See the attached drawing.
The HDD Led goes on pins 1 & 3
The Power LED goes on 2 & 4
(Note that some cases have a 3-pin connector for the Power LED and this must be modified to properly connect it. See the FAQs here for suggestions: FAQs
The Reset switch goes on pins 5 & 7 and the Power connector goes on pins 6 & 8

Hope this clears it up.
Any more problems, just ask.

Back