• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS3200 I think was worth the wait

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

It has taken 3 weeks to get it because of having to RMA the first stick but I do not think I will complain. Running 160fsb with the 3:4 divider for 214mhz at cas2, 6, 2, 2. Must be a good stick, I think I will keep this one ;)

Bling!

I'm getting near that too at 203. Only I'm cas 2.5. Maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference? You are running a higher FSB and DRAM than I am, with higher timings, but somehow I got 3101 mb/s so I think I must be lucky. We have everything else the same, maybe we should have a memory score contest. :)

My stick is silver with a blue pirate ship. Is yours the navy/black one with the white pirate ship?

Black with white. What do you get in 3dmark with your 8500? Someday I might just partition a drive to load 98SE and see how high a score I can get. It is a known fact that Win2k is 10-12% slower than 98 or XP even. I will not give up the stability of it just for benchmarks though.

XP has been just as stable as 2K for me.

I'm getting 10102 or thereabouts now with my 8500LE o/c to retail 8500 speeds (275/275). Not bad, breaking 10K was my goal basically.

raddygast said:
Bling!

I'm getting near that too at 203. Only I'm cas 2.5. Maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference? You are running a higher FSB and DRAM than I am, with higher timings, but somehow I got 3101 mb/s so I think I must be lucky. We have everything else the same, maybe we should have a memory score contest. :)

My stick is silver with a blue pirate ship. Is yours the navy/black one with the white pirate ship?

Get her a good burn in with Sandra's burn in test... only select memtest.. Loop it overnight or something... Like 10 hours or so max.. You should beable to get Cas2 after that at the same speed or more. With max volts of 2.85 on the vdimm.

Back