• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual fan supply - Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desmond

Registered
Been lookin at enermax, chieftec etc. Question though, is it worth it? Does it improve airflow?

Do you mean 2 fans for 1 PSU? I would say yes it does improve airflow as long as the PSU is mounted rightside up. It pulls some of the hot air off the processor. I think it is worth it.

dual-fan-420.JPG
109202.jpg

Yes, dual fan psu :p Two fans in one psu. ;)

So if i buy one, there's no need for an exhaust fan at rear (below psu)? My rear fan is making all sorts of sounds. D:

I have 2 exhaust fans plus the dual PSU. It doesn't hurt to have more airflow IMO.

Awesome!

Thx for all replies. Well, i'm going to buy a 2fan ps aswell as a new quiet exhaust fan. :)

For what it's worth my heatsink fan died on my XP 1600+ and it ran for several hours on my AX-7 with just the airflow from the lower power supply fan to cool it. When I realized the fan had stopped the heatsink was burning hot, but the CPU hadn't crashed or been damaged in any way. I'm not sure if that's thanks to the AX-7 or to the airflow from the powersupply or both, but I'm glad I had that second PSU fan, that's for sure. ;)

Back