Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

Prepping Glaciator for radial/centrifugal blowers...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-02-02, 12:38 PM Thread Starter   #1
JasonKosi

Location: A place where Macs and PCs play well together. The land of lollipops and make-believe! :)

Prepping Glaciator for radial/centrifugal blowers...

I'm trying out a mod to put a number of blower on my original Millenium Glaciator (I'm silencing my system and that HSF is the last thing that I have to quiet).

I had one 10CFM Gamma28 blower on there and temps only went up 5C, so I got a couple more (albeit smaller Gamma26's) and I want to attach them. I've got them epoxied together in the best way that I can (very solidly done, too) However, the fan shroud is getting in the way.

As I see it, I have two options.

1) I can try grinding away at the shroud to square it off some. Not to easy as I don't have any tools capable of this nor do I have the cash to buy them.

2) I can desolder the shroud. Again, not too easy as that heatsink is a huge chunk of copper and probably won't heat up to solder melting temps very easily with my wimpy little $5 soldering iron.

Any advice or tips?
JasonKosi is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-02-02, 02:09 PM   #2
Element-Xero

buy a big soldering gun and desolder.
Element-Xero is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-02-02, 03:45 PM Thread Starter   #3
JasonKosi

Location: A place where Macs and PCs play well together. The land of lollipops and make-believe! :)

I've heard that using a stove could work too... Anybody have any advice about that?
JasonKosi is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool