• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

internet "runtime error"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f8sqll

after exiting from my cable internet i get an error that says runtime error. it will not go away and i must reboot my cpu everytime, does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

What OS are you using? What do you mean exit from cable internet? Are you talking a specific program like IE, or what, and has this recently happened and have you installed anything recently. Also you might want to do a virus scan.

untrained

i dont know too much about computers, is there instructions i can follow to give the information you guys asked? the cable my folks use is ATT. there is no specific program i have noticed so far, just after surfing the web for a period of time, an hour or more, if i try to go back to my desktop by exiting the internet windows i get the runtime error. below is also another error i found. i feel like im asking a lot heh. sorta new here, im trying to learn all i can, any information is a GREAT help. thx much.

hey sam! long time no see buddy! i sent you an email did you get it? my email is [email protected].

Error:
CD-RW1: Sequential Read Test:test failed, error code: 066003001
Read Error (Retries Failed)
Time of Error: 5:55PM 8/4/02
Recommended Action:
Verify that media is present in the drive.
Error Details:
Block = 0
Host Adapter Status = 0x0000
Host Adapter Did Not Detect An Error
Sense Key = 0x0002
Sense Code = 0x003A
Sense Qualifier = 0x0000
Medium Not Present

ok i feel dumb

i use windows 98 along with internet explore. it turns out im running an older version so that might be it. i also had help with running a virus scan and found 4 viruses, so i got rid of them. so far so good. i hope nothing else pops up, but if it does i know where to go now :) thx for all who helped out! looking forward to posting here in the future!

aww come on fellas f8 is a friend of mine and that was his first thread or post no one said welcome to the forums?

ill be the first welcome to the forums f8

thank ya sir

thx bro. sam was on and said hi too. sure is a lot of inforation here. i didnt know "overclocking" was an actual term, it sounds interesting. looking forward to learning more.

Back