• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which ramsinks to put on g4f?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

I just got the cooljag and some thermal adhesive. I need some ramsinks, which ones do a very good job on the g4f?

I have a Leadtek Xtacy GeForce4 ti4600. Do i need the rev ramseanks or the bga ramsinks?

All the 4400 and 4600 use BGA. Its easy to tell, BGA are in square shape, and all the legs are hiden.

Kato said:
All the 4400 and 4600 use BGA. Its easy to tell, BGA are in square shape, and all the legs are hiden.

and how to install the ramsinks on? I have both Arctic Silver 3, and Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive.

For BGA ram, its safe to use Arctic silver Thermal Adesive, since the legs are hidden and you don't have to worry about shorting them. When you buy ASTA, it comes in 2 tubes, one is Arcitc Silver, and the other tube is the Adhesive. Just follow the instruction to mix them up.:beer:

ASTA is conductive, so if you get it on the legs of the ram, you got yourself a fried card. And Artic Alumina isn't conductive.

Kato said:
ASTA is conductive, so if you get it on the legs of the ram, you got yourself a fried card. And Artic Alumina isn't conductive.

why does ASTA cost more?

It performs better than Artic Alumina, but the difference is minimal.
But since you bought it already, you can use ASTA on bot GPU and Ram, and if later on you have to remove the ramsink or the HS, just do the freezer trick.

i emailed them and told them to send me alumina instead. I can't afford to fry this video card because when i bought it, it was $400.

of course. I've already hit 12,091. Also, i have a vantec fan right over my gpu on my side-case. ONce i install the ramsinks and the cooljag, imma start benching and join the team. :). I also just started folding for team32 today. If i keep the f@h client minimized in the tray, it's all good. Once i open it, i get error, and the f@h client closes. I wonder why...

May be you got a fault core there...try to delete FahCore_65, and run the program again, so it will download another core. If this doesn't work, try to post under FOLDING, and you answer will be answered.

btw, wanna join our OC3d subteam?:beer:

Kato said:
May be you got a fault core there...try to delete FahCore_65, and run the program again, so it will download another core. If this doesn't work, try to post under FOLDING, and you answer will be answered.

btw, wanna join our OC3d subteam?:beer:

hah...i already pmed him...beat you :)...yeah join OC3d...they are great and are in battle with some weird rage3d clan...

Back