• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Stop To Celebrate!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
WaHoo!!!!

Just crossed the 2000 WUs mark, I'd love to stop and celebrate but that darn "Siggy" is right on my butt, so I gotta GO!

Actually it was "Siggy", first trying to catch him and then trying to pass and stay in front of him that has helped up my numbers enough to get this far recently. Hopefully I have been equally inspiring to his effort as he has not been willing to go quietly.

Just needed to blow my own horn abit, sorry for the self-serving post.

SkyHook

What Gave Me Away?

Yes well, some years ago my "mentor" helped me cut my OCing teeth on Intel's. Then he tried to wean me off them in favor of AMDs. So far he has met with resistance from me, but I believe I'm seeing the image of an AMD Dual Rig hovering on the horizon. Either that or another mini-box with an AMD in it.

An AMD mini-box would finish off the Pyramid of Power nicely, but the mini's have very limited OCing ability.

I'm telling you those mini boxes would make a great entertainment area! :D You can hide it behind the TV and no one would find it! hehehe! I even noticed the dollar bill for verification eheh.

Sam Would Be Proud!

Actually that is my "lucky" $2 bill. It was my mom's and I keep it near to remember my folks. Kinda hokie I guess, but I'm just a sentimental lug. Never even gave it a thought, but Sam sure will be proud of me, I include verification even on stuff I'm not selling.

SkyHook

LOL. You reminded me of when we moved the jumper on your VS440FX board to run your PPro 200 @ 233MHz. Then quickly moved it back so as not to void the warranty.

My how time flies.:)

Beautiful picture of your farm.

Harvey

As in the marketplace, so it is with Seti: Competition improves the game!!!

Competition with other members has, and still does drive me to bigger and beeter things frequently! A lot of the fun right there...

Congrats on 2000, and it won't be long before you're starting another thread for 3k!

(I'm jealous of your farms appearance: I'm thinking of calling my setup the Ghetto Farm :) )

hallen said:
LOL. You reminded me of when we moved the jumper on your VS440FX board to run your PPro 200 @ 233MHz. Then quickly moved it back so as not to void the warranty.

My how time flies.:)

Beautiful picture of your farm.

Harvey
God that reminds me of something funny. A few months ago a friend of mine decided to upgrade and he no longer wanted an old ppro machine I sold him years ago. He gave it back. I was digging around in the manual and just generally reminiscing about days when I knew nothing of overclocking. Then I came across the jumper section at the back of the manual. I saw the "reserved" setting and I broke down and had to try it on the spot. Yep - that overclocked the old 200 to 233 :D Can't help but try overclocking anything now.

Back