• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Temps & Good HSF Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

My CPU currently runs at 57C idle and at 61C load & my case temp is 40C. From what ive heard these temps are on the high side, but are they high enough to cause damage or shorten the cpu's life? One thing I might do is watercool my system but I also might continue with air cooling. Also does anyone know of a good yet quiet hsf? Currently I am not using any artic silver 3 on it... the vendor I bought my parts from was out of stock at the time and I never got around to puttin some on. Im looking for a quiet hsf yet has good preformance. Thanks.

Hi first a big welcome to the forum

To help us help you, could you please post your computer specs, what hsf, fans already in use and where etc, etc.
The more info you can give the more help you can get :)

:beer:

Whoops sorry about that... ;) Im running an AMD ATHLON XP 1900+ with coolermaster hsf. I got this mid tower case made by googlegear.com (probely not the best choice but looked ok at the time) I also have 2 vantec stealth case fans... one exaust and one intake. Ive also got a Gigabyte RV7XP mobo with Coarsair ddr333 ram, 3 cdrom/dvd/burnering devices and 1 maxtor hd.

It looks like your case temps are pretty high, If possible make sure the fan intake and exhaust just have wire fan grills in front of then as that would help airflow alot. If you get case temps down to middle to low 30~ your cpu temp should drop and you will be fine. You also could make a funnel from the side of your case possibly to draw in cool air from outside the case. Both of those things will help you drop temps alot.

Back