• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to Increase DDR Voltage beyond 2.7V for Abit BD7-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ISS1

Registered
I have upped the RAM voltage to max of 2.7V but BIOs only shows 2.62V. Is there anyway to increase the voltage beyond 2.7v (thru mod or BIOS)?

Thanks.

After looking thru the board, I have found the mem voltage controller IC. Its the Winbond W83301R.

If you do a little searching, you will find that all of the BD7-II's report voltages to be lower than they actually are. This has been verified by an overclockers australia member and his voltmeter too. Apparently Abit is working on a new BIOS to report all voltages correctly.
So be careful. Your CPU is taking more voltage than reported!

ablaze said:

thats probably the bs that Abit wants us to believe..:rolleyes:

I like that. Nice constructive comment.

Maybe you could check the list of changes in the Mr. Natural BIOS (search the forum for a link). It apparently (I have heard maybe) that it allows more voltage increases.
Good luck mate.
Anthony

Apparently Winbond W83301R is limited up to 2.7V by hardware design, the only thing to up the voltage is using a resistor ( I don't know the exact value, maybe 47K Ohm ), So there is no easy way to increase voltage more than 2.7V through BIOS.

Back