• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about 1.2ghz P-III non-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Im entirely new to intel except for my sis's compaq which Im trying to get past 560mhz right now...

But Im building 2 systems soon...1 intel and 1 AMD...Intel being my LAN rig...and being built first...

The question I have is..What multi does this 1.2ghz P3 non-S have?

Im thinking either 9.0x133=1197=called 1.2ghz
Or 9.5x133=1266mhz for a true 1.2ghz...
Either way I dont care I just would like to know...
BTW this CPU will be paired with a Soyo 7VDA mobo and 512meg DDR....Im getting DDR cause Im really sick of SDRAM and want to see if a higher FSB can be reached with DDR ram than SDRAM....
And what little benefits it does offer...

Laterz...

The PIII 1.2 GHz with 256k cache is 9 x 133 Mhz.

I have one that I've been meaning to put up for sale. It is retail box version (I can include heatsink) with well over 2 years left on the warranty. I can let you have it for $105 shipped.

Compare to $122 at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=266&manufactory=1157&DEPA=1

Plus, if you plan on OC'ing I can tell you that this one will go up to 166 FSB with about 1.75v and top notch cooling (Glaciator). I'm not going to make any guarantees on your OC results but this is what I got.

See references in signature.

jmsandrsn said:
The PIII 1.2 GHz with 256k cache is 9 x 133 Mhz.

I have one that I've been meaning to put up for sale. It is retail box version (I can include heatsink) with well over 2 years left on the warranty. I can let you have it for $105 shipped.

Compare to $122 at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=266&manufactory=1157&DEPA=1

Plus, if you plan on OC'ing I can tell you that this one will go up to 166 FSB with about 1.75v and top notch cooling (Glaciator). I'm not going to make any guarantees on your OC results but this is what I got.

See references in signature.

YGPM

Oh and thanks....Both of you...

Last edited:
Back