• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Reload Windows!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modman2000

Registered
Ok, i am running 550mhz and 256mb of memory and a 32x CD-Rom. I formated my C drive to reinstall windows. Well, i did it and every thing was going smooth untill it starts to install windows ME onto my system. At 10% complete it freezes. Every time. Whats wrong? :mad:

Try repartitioning the drive and then formatting it. It could always be that the disk has scratches or your cdrom is on its way out but I doubt it. Also make sure all your BIOS settings are correct, also check that your cdrom has the appropriate jumper setting.

rnpgrosz said:
Try repartitioning the drive and then formatting it. It could always be that the disk has scratches or your cdrom is on its way out but I doubt it. Also make sure all your BIOS settings are correct, also check that your cdrom has the appropriate jumper setting.

And cross your fingers that nothing expensive is damaged. ;)

Looks like a CDROM problem. Check that the CDROM is clean (no dust or scratches).

Try copying the data on the CD onto the hard drive (not onto the C: drive) and installing from there.

David

David said:
Looks like a CDROM problem. Check that the CDROM is clean (no dust or scratches).

Try copying the data on the CD onto the hard drive (not onto the C: drive) and installing from there.

David

I had a similar problem with a CDROM, I would get an error message or Windows Setup would freeze early in the process.

Modman, have you used this CDROM before?

I had a problem like that and showed my FSB to 100 from 133nhz. After I got XP loaded I increased the speed back up to 133mhz.

Back