• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterCOOLED 8k3a+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kickb0xer

Registered
ok after much thoguht my rig is going to be an xp2100 with the EPOX 8k3a+ board, What i would like to see are pictures of this boaard with the W/C hardware attached, and how the hell do they attach the waterblock and hold it down...next i'd love a parts list from whoever has a working model of the m/b with the watercooled setup, i'll name my pc after whoever is most helpful lol also how do i get a vid clip or pic next to my forum messages, <--total newb, but not for long have a great day ..i've been pc-less for 3 weeks i am dying :(

If you look around this forum you'll see many pictures of WC rigs. They're basically all the same, it doesn't matter what board you have.

About the mounting mechanism it depends on what WB you get. Most will use the 4 mounting holes method (4 holes around the socket where you can put long scews in to hold down whatever HS/WB is on your CPU) and some use the 3 socket tab method (3 small tabs on each side of the socket that are gripped by a mounting clip)

About the parts well it all depends on how handy you are and how much work you're willing to put into it, assuming you want to buy everything ready to be used here's what would be a great setup from peices available at Danger Den :
WB: DD Maze3 (42$)
Pump: Eheim 1250 (68$)
Rad: The Heatercore (35$)
Fan: 2 quiet low RPM 120mm fans in a push/pull configuration
Tubing: about 10 feet of Tygon tubing. (29$)
Reservoir: Make your own or get the clear one from DD. (25$)
This setup would cost you around 210$+S/H if you get it from DD. Please note that you could get much cheaper prices by shoppng around and/or selecting other products. For example you could switch the Eheim pump for a Via Aqua which would cost you 25$ and run pretty much just as good. Link for Via Aqua 1300

About the Avatar click on user cp at the top of this page then select edit options then go to the very bottom of the page where it's written Avatar. Click on Change Avatar and you will be taken to a new window. Click on Browse next to You can upload an Avatar from your computer: select the picture you want as your Avatar and click Submit Modifications and Voila!

Back