• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Slotk.III+P3B-F+Tualatin 1.2 doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dueller

Hello guys, I'm from Italy and new on this forum...

I've red all the threads about the tualatin mod on BX motherboard and I'm going crazy...

I've got an Asus p3b-f motherboard (rev.1.04) an Abit Slotket III (1.1) adapter and a Celeron Tualatin 1.2 (1.5v).

- I insulated AJ3 AN3 AK4 with the floppy cable rubber insulator
- I connected good AK4 with AK26 with a thin wire...
- I set up the slotket to 1.5v core

my system doesn't boot... blank screen and the cpu gets hot...

I tried to connect AK4 with AN11 the system doesn't boot again and the cpu is a little cooler than before...

Any help is appreciated... thank you...

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you set the cpu type selection to Coppermine?
Flashed the bios to a new version?

Try it without the ak4 to "one of 3 choices" pin mod.

Are the AGP, RAM and PCI settings ok for a 100mhz FSB (I don't know what you had in that P3B before and if the settings are locked in some way..)

btw. what's the S-spec of your cpu?
I mean the SLxxx number

Last edited:
D2DM said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)
Thank you... :)

Have you set the cpu type selection to Coppermine?
Flashed the bios to a new version?
Yes... I flashed the last bios (1008 beta04) from the asus german ftp site and the slotket jumper is set to "Coppermine"

Try it without the ak4 to "one of 3 choices" pin mod.
I tried AK4 >AK26 then AK4 >AN11... I'll try the third AK4 >AJ5
I also tried w/o this connection but no booting at all...

Are the AGP, RAM and PCI settings ok for a 100mhz FSB (I don't know what you had in that P3B before and if the settings are locked in some way..)
Before (and now) I'm running a Celeron 600E (66*9) at 900MHz (100*9) so my settings are already good for 100MHz...

btw. what's the S-spec of your cpu?
I mean the SLxxx number
It'a SL656, Philippines, 1.5v

Last edited:
I have sometimes had to take the plastic sleeves off several times and redo them in order to get the insulation working.

jmsandrsn said:
I have sometimes had to take the plastic sleeves off several times and redo them in order to get the insulation working.

I removed the cpu from the slotket many times to check the insulation... and the little tubes are really healthy...
without brakes and insulate well... :(

Back