• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

not sure if this flame should be in here or in video and sound cards so admins feel free to move...
I am not sure if this is just me, because my friends like them, but i really dislike creative. They make pretty decent hardware but they are horrible at making software. Lets look at their audigy drivers for example. for me they take up way to many fps while using EAX, they crackle sometimes when playing mp3's (this is a creative/via prob which has been around forever), and all of their progs feel like bloatwear. There creative playcenter has crashed on every pc i have used it on even this one, which passes 2 full days of prime torture.
I have owned a nomad jukebox and feel like i wasted $275. The songs took a long time to load, so does the player in the beginning. The battery life is WAY WAY WAY to short (like 3.5 hours fully charged). Finally, when flashing the player with THEIR official firmware from their site, the thing no longer turns on. i mailed and called them but they did not do anything and would not accept a RMA since i have had it for a year. so basically i have a 6gb hardrive that i payed $275 for.
I cant wait for the new nforce 2 sound to come out so i can be 100% creative free.

am i the only one that has these issues with this company?

my audigy has always had problems as well... sometimes works fine for a week.. sometimes every other track on an mp3 or cd crackles, etc etc.. i doubt you're isolated as i've seen many people with these problems..

I really hate to pop your bubble, but you are using a computer. I am correct, right, you want great sound? Get a good Digital Surround System!!!
If you want to listen to music, use a stereo system!
I don't ask my stereo to surf the net, run programs or play UT. Why would you expect your PC to do the same, with equal quality?
Yes. we are very close, but there is no comparison between a Carver or Denon and the best PC.

I have $1500 AR towers, $250/per surround, $200 center and $300 sub-woofer for music/movies. Why ITF would I want to listen to sound on my PC?

I play UT, MOHAA and RTCW for at least 2 hours/day. If you are doing it right, you are to busy fragging to care about the "crackles/pops".

Last edited:
i play mostly single player games and in those having great sound is a HUGE advantage and makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

i also have those klipsh 4.1's

the point is that creative is supposed to have great sound like they market but they suck!

Da Whip said:
I really hate to pop your bubble, but you are using a computer. I am correct, right, you want great sound? Get a good Digital Surround System!!!
If you want to listen to music, use a stereo system!
I don't ask my stereo to surf the net, run programs or play UT. Why would you expect your PC to do the same, with equal quality?
Yes. we are very close, but there is no comparison between a Carver or Denon and the best PC.

I have $1500 AR towers, $250/per surround, $200 center and $300 sub-woofer for music/movies. Why ITF would I want to listen to sound on my PC?

I play UT, MOHAA and RTCW for at least 2 hours/day. If you are doing it right, you are to busy fragging to care about the "crackles/pops".

Many people say like you do and I belive you know your thing but does this mean the soundcard or the amp/speakers?
I mean if I take out 5.1 digital sound through sp/dif from an audigy, will that sound still be bad if I put it to a HiFi 1337 reciver or is it the so called "multimedia speakers" in general your bitching at?

Back