• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lance Thornton

Hi all, hope all is well with everyone. Here's the problem: I volunteered to test some hardware, chips and motherboards for a retailer that has a business in Bradenton. One chip has me stumped. It's a Duron, dhhaa 900 mhz. There are no visible signs of burning nor cracking/chipping on the core, but my Asus A7V133 just beeps like it is screaming for mercy when the chip is in. The other 2 chips, an Athlon 1400 and a Duron 1300 are toast. The Athlon is burned to a crisp and the Duron is chipped badly. Any guesses or advice is appreciated. Thanks and be safe.

Is this their hardware or yours? I hope it's theirs because you put a big risk on your components when you're testing dead hardware with working hardware. Try booting with only the motherboard, cpu, psu and ram, of course the monitor plugged in so you can see it. Make sure the CPU is fully cleaned and if Arctic Silver was used, you must make sure you don't have around the core as it is capactive and may shorten anything. You are using thermal paste when you use these right? Without it, your chip may die in seconds or die off eventually from running a long stressful time w/ massive heat.

Can you give us more detail about the beep? Is it a constant beep, like beep 1-2 beep 1-2 beep, or a long beep, then 2 short ones etc. Go into more detail.

2 short - 1 long = Video
Constant mainly is ram.

Yodums

Back