• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICQ help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
ICQ changed something since ICQ 2000.....
and for the life of me I cant figure out how to make it act like the old ICQ.....

When someone on your contact list changed thier name, it no longer auto updates that persons name.
You now have to chane the name manually.....
And doing stuff manually is no fun....

So i was wondering if anyone knew how to make ICQ update a users name (on the contact list) automaticly when someone on my contact list chages thier name.....

Any help with this would be great.

I've pondered over that exact same question!!! It's annoying having to change everyone's name manually when they change it. There is no way that I know of to change the way ICQ updates namesso that the auto-updater for names works as it once did with older versions of ICQ, so I speculate that this problem will have to be dealt with in future versions of ICQ.

munky185 said:
so I speculate that this problem will have to be dealt with in future versions of ICQ.

i was afraid of that.....
and i bet this is a problem taht ICQ will forget to adress...
this little anyance was the sole reason i was so reluctant to upgrade ICQ for a long time.

Back